Friday, December 21, 2007

Merry Christmas

I sincerely hope that everyone has a very Merry Christmas. As difficult as it may be to do so, I hope that we are all able to look past the shallow Yankee materialism that is ever present and focus on more important things like God and family. One way in which we can culturally secede is to stop participating in this phoney, commercialized version of Christmas. Giving gifts is not necessarily a bad thing but I would rather recieve a gift because the giver thought of me rather than feeling obligated to purchase something in the name of holiday cheer.

While we do not know precisely when Christ was born, His birth has traditionally been celebrated on the 25th of December: may we live every day of next year with the true spirit of Christmas alive within us!

I will probably take a hiatus from blogging for a few weeks. However, I did have a hissy fit over the hubub concentrated about Huckabee's recent political ad. Here are some personal thoughts of mine concerning Huckabee's recent Christmas ad.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment