Monday, December 08, 2008

Discombobulation

I have taken to observing the Lakota as a microcosm of what is wrong in so many other places; i.e. churches, political/cultural movements etc.

Take my last post for instance. I assumed, as did many obviously, that this new bank had something to do with the Lakota nation. As Russell Means states clearly it does not.

In fact, if you dig and read a little some of the people in the Lakota Nation movement state that Russell Means has nothing to do with them and then of course some of the BIA approved chiefs say that the Lakota nation people have nothing to do with them.

Principles are important, key really to a life well lived. So long as one is really standing on principle and not something else. I remember my early church experience as a youngster witnessing churches divide over "principle". How silly and un-Christian, since these were not disputes over real principle but rather personality conflicts.

I am still on several "Southern" mailing lists and recently read a thread where someone was pronouncing they would not support the Southern National Conference because the SNP was supported by the League of The South. The posters real beef seemed to be with Dr. Micheal Hill specifically but the point is the same - like minded people with similar goals refusing to work together over what they call principle.

I have several friends that remain very angry at me to this day, and specifically even more angry at me that Obama is president. To them it is my fault and the fault of all the other conservatives that refused to vote for McCain. Perhaps they think my point of view is not principle based - who knows. Maybe they would think this little post hypocritical. I would say that was in fact a matter of principle.

My point is, the dudes on the other side are many and organized. Anyone with different ideas can only hurt their cause by subdividing themselves into smaller and smaller minorities. Standing on principle is important and should never be compromised -dividing up based upon silly personality conflicts is defeat.


Y'all think about it, whoever "y'all" may be as this applies to you. Teamwork is a good thing if it does not compromise one's real principles. It takes a thinking man to see the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment