Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Governator Takes a Stand

The governator declares secession for California - well not quite but at least there is one governor willing to use the phrase "nation-state".

From his second inaugural speech.

And yet here in this nation-state of California , people from all over the world live in harmony. I call California a nation-state because of the diversity of our people, the power of our economy and the reach of our dream. Every race, every culture, every religion has been drawn to California .

I may not want to live in a nation-state that apparently has no inherent culture as Schwarzenegger suggest for California, but I certainly support their right to establish within their borders the sort of republic and nation-state that they can live with - so long as what they do does not affect me and my nation-state.

No comments:

Post a Comment